In order to properly install Writer's Blocks 4 under Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7 you must have administrative privileges. Follow the instructions below to successfully install under Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Click on the 'Download Writer's Blocks'
button above to download the Writer's Blocks 4 Setup program and save it to your local hard drive.
2. Navigate to the Writer's Blocks 4 WB4setup.exe file on your local hard drive.
(Confirm that the file size is about 24 Mb. If the file is smaller than 24 Mb you probably did not receive the full download and should try again or use a different brower)
3. Right-Click on the Setup program and Choose 'Run as Administrator' from the Right-Click Menu.
4. Under Windows 7 and Windows Vista the User Account Control dialog may appear, asking you for permission to install this program.
5. Click Yes to proceed and run the Writer's Blocks 4 Setup Wizard. Read the dialog and then Click Next to continue.
6. Enter your User Name and Company Name in the Customer Information dialog. You do not need to edit the Serial Number.
7. Click Next to proceed to the License Agreement.
8. Read the license agreement. The Next button is disabled and you cannot continue the installation until you accept the terms of the license but clicking the radio button of the dialog.
9. Click Next to accept the terms of the license and continue the installation.
10. Click Next to accept the default installation folder.
11. Click Next to confirm the selected install options.
12. Review the setup wizard setting and click Next to begin the installation.
13. Stand by as the Setup Wizard installs Writer's Blocks 4 onto your computer.
14. When the Setup Wizard is done, click Finish to complete the installation.
15. After the installation is complete, launch Writer's Blocks from the desktop shortcut icon or from the Start menu. The dialog shown below will be displayed.
16. Choose Activate Writer's Blocks 4
from the dialog.
17. Choose Activate Writer's Blocks Online
or Activate Manually
from the dialog. NOTE: You will choose Activate Writer's Blocks Online if your computer is connected to the internet. Choose Activate Manually ONLY if your computer does not have an internet connection.
Activate Writer's Blocks 4 Online
(my computer has an internet connection)
18a. Enter the License ID and Password that you received by email with your download and installation instructions. Click Continue. The dialog below will appear as Writer's Blocks is activated over the internet.
After a moment you will be presented with the dialog below confirming that the activation was completed successfully.
(my computer does NOT have an internet connection)
18b. Enter the License ID and Password that you received by email with your download and installation instructions. Click Continue.
19b. Cut and paste your User Code 1 and your User Code 2 into an email and send it to us. After we receive your user codes we will send you an Activation Code that will permanently unlock Writer's Blocks 4.
CAUTION: Leave this dialog open while you wait for our e-mail with your ACTIVATION code. Otherwise, your User Codes will change and then the Activation Code we send you will not work. You can run other programs, just don't close this one.
20b. When you receive our e-mail with your activation code, cut and paste it into the Activation Code 1 box on the dialog and click Continue.
After a moment you will be presented with the dialog below confirming that the activation was completed successfully. Writer's Blocks is now permanently activated.
Start enjoying Writer's Blocks 4!
Explore Writer's Blocks
Open the Tutorial.wbk file found in your ...\Writer's Blocks 4\Documents folder, along with other sample documents.
Read the Writer's Blocks 4 Users Manual by clicking on the Help tab and then clicking on Writer's Blocks Help. Chapter 3 (The Basics) and Chapter 4 (Using Writer's Blocks) are two highly recommended chapters.
Here is a complete list and description of Sample Files in your Writer's Blocks documents folders
A brief interactive tutorial that steps you through the basic functions
What's New in 4
Browse this extensive list of new features found in Writer's Blocks 4 and learn how you can apply them to your work
This sample illustrate how you might collect and organize information for your autobiography
Outlines the first chapter of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
This sample document outlines the F. Scott Fitzgerald novel
An outline for a medical research paper
A sample outline of a feature film script. Use this file when exploring the many features and functions of the program.
A document which illustrates how to use Writer's Blocks for brainstorming and organization
Story notes and structure for the screenplay that inspired the creation of Writer's Blocks 1.0 in 1993